Flea’s funk- and jazz-influenced basslines helped propel the Red Hot Chili Peppers to the top of the rock and alternative charts while redefining the role of bass in the modern era. Flea’s unique playing style brought a welcome breath of fresh air to the musical landscape of the past four decades, inspiring countless bassists to add a funky touch to their sound while exploring new techniques and harmonic possibilities. To celebrate his enduring influence, we’ve recreated his prized Shell Pink ’61 Jazz Bass that he received from a fan and used to record the Peppers’ Stadium Arcadium and The Getaway, as well as with the supergroup, Atoms For Peace.
- Offset alder body; Road Worn Faded Shell Pink nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Maple neck with “C”-shaped profile and 1.5″ nut width; Road Worn nitrocellulose lacquer finish on back of the neck
- 7.25″-radius rosewood fingerboard with 20 vintage-style frets
- Dual Pure Vintage ’64 Jazz Bass single-coil pickups
- Special 4-bolt neck plate with engraved artwork by Flea