Your Christmas purchase will directly help a young Childs education in rural India!
By purchasing from The Great Indian Bazaar this Christmas, a significant portion of your purchase amount will be used to support the basic education of the Children of the very Artisan that made your product, as well as the development of the arts and crafts industry in Rural India.
This industry is highly skilled, cottage based and decentralized – what it needs is Global Awareness & Modern Distribution Strategies – and that is what we are here to achieve.
Support Childrens education, and the preservation of this age old craft.
Spread the word!
Visit our store to see our full selection of beautiful & unique handicrafts!
- ✅ SIZE – 3 Inches (L) x 2.5 (Diameter) Inches. The surface of the Indian Folk Drum or Dumroo, made from leather, allows a high speed combination of beats unlike any other musical instrument. The shell is made from Wood, sourced from Authorized Government Channels to ensure sustainability of the environment, as well as livelihood of the Artisans
- ✅ HOW TO USE – Very simply, just place your index and middle finger along with your thumb around the center of the Dumroo, which is to be held horizontally, so that the leather is facing left and right (and not up and down). Then, very quickly, rotate your wrist back and forth on its axis (like unscrewing a bulb) so that the little orange balls tied to the rope swing with the wrist motion to beat the sides of the drum, to then create the intended rhythmic sounds the Dumroo is meant for! Ea
- ✅ TRADITION – It is widely used in classical dance as part of the instrument sets belonging to folk bands. Indian children sing and dance to it during pre-wedding festivities along with the Dholki. It is often used in Indian film music, and the local Indian folk music of Jamaica, Suriname, Guyana, Caribbean, South Africa, Mauritius, and Trinidad and Tobago, where it was brought by indentured immigrants. In the Fiji Islands the Dumroo is widely used for Indian folk music, bhajan and kirtan.
- ✅ GREAT GIFT IDEA – Each piece is unique and comes right from the heartland of India, that is its villages. Use this piece of history and folk culture to decorate your home, or gift to anyone so inclined
- ✅ YOUR PURCHASE IS SAFE: This product is packed securely & safely right out of the Artisans workshop, and exported directly to the Amazon Fulfillment Centers in the US, and fulfilled using the very best logistics partners. Your purchase is also protected by the Amazon returns, refunds & replacement policy. So buy with confidence, and add to your home living room decor, or gift to someone special as a beautiful Christmas Gift, Birthday Gift, Housewarming Gift or Anniversary Gift