*SOUND SAMPLES – search for “HAPI Drum, Steel Tongue Drum” on YouTube to hear our drums*
Our smallest and most compact steel tongue drum. Anyone who wants an easy to play intuitive instrument can play this drum. You don’t need a musical background to enjoy it. Ideal for jamming and playing percussive beats. Enjoy creating a soothing harmonic journey. This drum uses the same patented (D620,041S) eight note layout as our other drum models which adds harmonic tones to each note when played. The strong meditative tones are calming and great for relaxing. Take it outside to enjoy on a nature hike or around the campfire. The bottom port helps let the sound out to fill the room and rubber feet allow it to be set on any surface for play. Attractive and durable protective powder coat finish inside and out.
Scale: D Akebono. The Akebono scale originates from Japan. It produces a meditative/exotic sound. It sounds great played with Western and Eastern instruments.
Playing with mallets. Our mallets are designed to create a very clear tone. When using mallets, hold the mallet lightly and let it drop onto the note. This creates the ideal tone.
Playing with hands. Use the pad of only one finger to strike the note. Use a wrist motion to slap the finger off of the note. It’s all in the wrist, let your finger lightly bounce off the note like the mallets do. Start learning on the largest notes and then once you have good technique, move to practicing on the smaller notes.
HAPI Drum dimensions: 8″ x 5.5″. Weight: 3.4 lbs. Scale: D Akebono. Color: Hammered Copper.
Includes: HAPI Mini Drum, Mallets, Travel Bag with super durable nylon fabric, Instruction Booklet that has mallet and hand playing techniques, as well as practice exercises.
- Compact tongue drum size with a big sound! Dimensions: 8″ wide x 5.5″ high. Weight: 3.4 lbs. HAPI Drum uses a unique mixture of alloying elements in our musical steel drum to achieve the best sound possible.
- D Akebono Pentatonic Scale (D4, E4, F4, A4, Bb4, D5, E5, F5). There are no wrong notes, play any note in any order and our tongue drum sounds great!
- Effortless to play! An intuitive arrangement to the drum notes makes it easy to explore new musical horizons.
- HAPI Steel Tongue Drums are used by professional musicians, recording studios, music therapists, and yoga studios worldwide.
- Includes: HAPI Mini Steel Tongue Drum. Mallets. Instruction Booklet. Travel Bag.