The MEINL Snare Bongo Cajon is a compact cajon with high and low pitched areas similar to a bongo, but with a woody cajon sound. The Snare Bongo Cajon follows the traditional Flamenco style: A warm sound punctuated with a built-in snare mechanism. The angled wedge shape of the body makes it ergonomic and comfortable to play. It can be held between the knees, like in the traditional bongo technique. The environmentally sustainable Rubber Wood has outstanding resonating acoustic properties and is structurally durable. A smooth ebony surface covers the playing area for optimal comfort and sound. Included on this bongo cajon are small silicon rubber feet to keep the instrument from slipping on smooth surfaces.
- Bongo and Cajon combined: the Meinl bongo Cajon produces high and low notes like a bongo drum but with the addition of snares on both sides for a crisp attack
- Hardwood shell: The shell is constructed with a durable hardwood that delivers a warm and full resonance for both the high and low playing areas
- Play how you want: The simple design of this instrument allows players the freedom to play either on their Lap or between their legs like traditional bongos
- Perfect for any setting: The bongo Cajon lends itself to various styles and playing settings, from small acoustic gigs at a coffeehouse to loud jam at a house party
- No Tuning Required: The smooth wooden playing surface has natural, permanent high and low note areas so you never have to worry about tuning or maintenance