Meinl string cajons feature four internal metal guitar strings that come together into two adjustable points to deliver a sizzle effect when striking the frontplate. This can be very useful in achieving a crisp sound that enhances bass notes and gives corner hits extra snap. Adjusting the tension of the strings opens up the sound options and varies the sensitivity of the cajon. Slightly tighter strings are great for playing soft finger rolls with ultra-sensitive response. The Makah Burl frontplate combined with the Rubber Wood resonating body come together to develop a deep, resonating bass tone that provides slight punches behind soft notes and deep swells behind harder playing, responding much like a kick drum. This instrument is ideal for softer acoustic gigs when a full drum kit cannot be used. Its portability as well as its musicality make it easy for musicians to pick up and play without hassle. Included with this cajon is a small wrench for string adjustments.
- Adjustable top front plate corners and internal string system for cutting slaps and a sensitive, crisp snare effect
- The Meinl String cajon with Makah-Burl front plate features a Rubber Wood resonating body and measures 11 3/4″ wide x 12″ deep x 18″ tall
- The Rubber Wood resonating body focuses bass hits to give them a deep and boomy punch while giving the instrument superb overall tone
- Metal strings span the inside of the playing surface to add the dimension of a sizzle or snare sound and are completely adjustable for fine-tuning different tastes (small hex key is included)
- Rear sound port is ideal for mic placement and develops bass notes to make them feel like a kick drum
- Ideal for any skill level and musician, Meinl String Cajons are more than capable to integrate into your main act, live or in the studio
- OFFICIAL TWO YEAR MEINL WARRANTY