The MEINL Classic Hardwood Claves are the most common claves and produce the classic cutting sound with just the right amount of resonance. These Claves are solid and deliver a bright, pleasant tone that is fitting for any style of music and any musician, professional or beginner. For drummers, learning clave patterns that originate in African and Latin music is a great way to learn, understand, and apply poly rhythmic patterns to the drum kit. These instruments are vital for any percussionist that is looking to enhance their sound.
- Select hardwood claves, sold in pairs: the Mein select hardwood claves deliver bright, resounding, and rich tones that have cut and clarity. Essential for afro-Latin rhythms and applicable in virtually any style, claves are the perfect percussion instrument to create polyrhythms, straight beats, or to use for sound effects
- Create a resonating tone: The lightweight hardwood body has outstanding natural acoustic properties. Hold one claves in your non-dominant hand with your palm up, Lightly gripping it with your fingertips and thumb tip while striking it with the other claves in your dominant hand. This allows greater resonance and better overall tone
- Vital for percussionists and drummers alike: traditional claves sounds may be used to enhance an acoustic set of music If you are playing on a Cajon, djembe, bongos, or congas. They may also be helpful to use with a drum kit or in the studio to layer and accent grooves. Claves bring a unique worldly sound to any form of music
- Useful for music educators: teachers will find that claves are a fun, easy, and affordable way to develop a young student’s sense of rhythm. Counting and timing are crucial to executing traditional claves rhythms
- Perfect for any style: essential for afro-Latin rhythms and applicable in virtually any style, claves are the perfect percussion instrument to create polyrhythms, straight beats, or to use for sound effects