The hand carved shells feature a horizontal ripple motif that suggests a flowing river. This exterior texture also makes the djembe easy to grip between the knees. Hand selected goat heads are secured and tuned by the traditional Mali-Weave system made of high quality nylon rope . MEINL Headliner djembes have outstanding acoustic properties reaching from deep, resonant bass notes to cutting, high-pitched slaps, and are ready to pick up and play right out of the box. For added protection of your instrument, MEINL specializes in carrying bags for their percussion products. The MEINL djembe gig bag (Model# MSTDJB) is perfect for all djembe sizes and is equipped with heavy duty nylon stitching and a strong shoulder strap.
- CARVED FROM SOLID MAHOGANY: The hand carved Mahogany shells feature a ripple motif. Achieve a variety of sounds, from deep bass tones to high-pitched slaps.
- GOAT SKIN HEAD: This high quality head is tuned with a traditional Mali-Weave system, allowing for pristine sound quality. Achieve a rich, warm tone with plenty of dynamic range.
- EXTRA LARGE SIZE: This drum has a playing surface (drum head) measuring 13″ wide. It stands 25″ tall, making it playable for adults and young musicians.
- PERFECT FOR ANY OCCASION: From drum circles to recording and live gigs, the Meinl Black River Series djembe is a great all-around djembe for use in any musical situation.
- OFFICIAL TWO-YEAR WARRANTY: All Meinl djembes carry a two year manufacturer’s warranty when purchased from authorized retailers.