Hand made entirely of aluminum, the MEINL Doumbek has outstanding sound quality. The durable synthetic head easily and quickly changes range from deep, resonant “doum” lows to snapping, ringing highs that both fully project. These beautifully crafted instruments have a truly authentic sound that is native of music from the Middle East, North Africa, and Eastern Europe. Professional world percussion players have gravitated to MEINL Doumbeks due to their unsurpassed acoustic properties as well as their durability and fine craftsmanship. With the rim sitting flush to the head on these models, finger-snapping techniques are easily executed. The sleek black vinyl coating makes this model very easy to handle while playing, ensuring a strong grip on the instrument. The coating also protects the solid handcrafted aluminum shell and maintains all of the tones and projection coming from the drum.
- The Meinl aluminum Doumbek with black vinyl coating is made with an aluminum shell that responds with immense tones, from deep low notes to snapping, ringing highs
- A tunable and replaceable synthetic head provides the basis for powerful and rich sound development
- This handheld drum measures 18″ tall with an 8 3/4″ head
- Authentic sounds from the Middle East, North Africa, and Eastern Europe are easily achievable
- With the rim sitting flush to the head on this drum, finger-snapping techniques are easily executed
- Professional world percussion players have gravitated to Meinl Doumbeks due to their unsurpassed acoustic properties as well as their durability and fine craftsmanship
- More from MEINL Percussion: amazon.com/meinlpercussion