The Meinl travel series rope tuned Djembes are great drums For professionals as well as those who just want to enjoy an afternoon playing at home or with a drum circle. These patented Djembes are ultra lightweight (even 20% lighter than our fiberglass djembes) which makes them easy to carry. The combination of a synthetic head and shell produces sharp slaps along with deep bass tones and makes them the perfect drum for outdoor use Since they are unaffected by changes in weather.
- For the traveling musician: Meinl travel djembes are made for musicians who are always on the go and need a reliable instrument for any occasion
- Weather resistant shell: made with lightweight, weather resistant synthetic shells that respond with cutting slaps and resonating bass tones (measures 24″ tall x 12″ diameter)
- Goat skin head: this high quality natural head achieves a rich, warm tone with plenty of dynamic range for an expressive sound
- Pre-stretched tuning ropes: the heads are secured a high quality nylon rope tuning system that not only has a classic look but holds the drum in tune, making for a hassle-free playing experience
- Classic djembe sounds: travel series djembes create a variety of distinguishable sounds that can blend with both contemporary and traditional music from around the world