Popcorn Snare Drum by Griffin
Also known as firecracker snare drums or soprano snare drums, these 10 inch diameter snare drums feature a higher tone than regular snare drums or piccolo snare drums. Use this oakwood finish popcorn snare drum as a secondary snare to add sharp and high-pitched, beefy “cracks” to your fills and accents. Featuring a 100% poplar wood shell for high volume with an exceptionally rich tone, the Griffin popcorn snare drum explodes each time revealing a clear, sensitive and punctuated sound. Griffin’s oak finish wood popcorn snare drum features six (6) tuning lugs for a stable, high quality sound. Utilize the snare drum throw-off to tighten, loosen, or mute the snares as you prefer, and we even include a drum key. All Griffin snare drums include a white-coated drum head.
Oak Wood Finish Popcorn Snare Drum Specifications
- Size: 10 inches by 6 inches
- Snare wire: 10-Strand
- Hardware finish: Chrome
- Lug count: 6
- Shell Thickness: 7.5 mm poplar wood 3-ply
- Shell Finish: Flat Oak Wood Wrap
- Drum head top: White coating
- Drum head bottom: Clear
- Gross Weight: 4 Pounds
- ADD AN EXTRA SNAP TO YOUR DRUM KIT: With a brilliant attack, a nice, punchy, warm crack and singing resonance, this 10″ x 6″ popcorn snare drum promises to amaze you with its awesome sound every time you strike it! If you like a snare drum with great sounds all over the head, then look no further. Use it as a main or auxiliary snare and add depth and color to your music! Great for rock bands, acoustic shows, concert, church drummers or school performances, it won’t let you down.
- GET AMAZING SOUND IN ALL 6 TUNINGS: Due to its extended depth and diameter, this soprano snare drum offers a uniquely rich and warm sound (higher than regular or piccolo snares), while still maintaining the explosive clarity that you’d expect from a snare. Featuring 6 extra durable tuning lugs that won’t break on you, this soprano snare drum promises stable, high quality sound in all tunings.
- DELUXE THROW OFF: Thanks to the quality deluxe throw off, you can easily tighten, loosen or even mute the snares according to your preference, without worrying about the strainer going loose while you’re playing. A must-have drum for beginners and students to professional musicians, this popcorn soprano snare drum comes with complete with a drum key. Snare wire: 10 strand. Hardware finish: Chrome. Gross weight: 4 pounds.
- UNBEATABLE LOOK: Boasting a 3-ply, 100% poplar wood shell with 7.5 mm thickness and a beautiful, flat oak wood wrap, this popcorn snare drum offers exceptional volume and richness, as well as an amazing style. The white coated head and meticulous attention to detail will make this musical instrument one of your favorites in your percussion kit. Well-built to last for years to come, you can be sure, you won’t ever want to replace this soprano snare with another drum!
- INSTALLED SNARE BEDS: Snare beds are now carved in the drum shell for a tighter snare sound. curved depressions are cut opposite each other into the bottom bearing edge of the drum, parallel to the throw-off and butt plate. The installed snare beds are very popular with drummers as many drummers like a reduction of snare buzz and rattle. This makes all the snares rest flush alongside the bottom of the drum head.